5 “golden” rules of a professional simultaneous interpreter
Follow the 5 “golden” rules
- In addition to proficient knowledge of the language, the work of a simultaneous interpreter requires years of practical experience. In contemporary world, you can easily check how popular an interpreter is (use: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram);
- A professional simultaneous interpreter works in various fields, so he/she has to learn the appropriate terminology and be thoroughly trained;
- A simultaneous interpreter must have special psychophysical parameters; Be able to cope with stress. Its distinctive feature is the ability to simultaneously listen and translate;
- The simultaneous interpreter must be a person of high intelligence. Must be fluent in both native and foreign language/languages;
- A simultaneous interpreter needs good memory, high linguistic abilities, concentration and proper distribution of attention, rapid reaction, physical endurance, good hearing, vision, clear articulation.
Interpreting is the verbal transfer of meaning between languages.
The two most common methods are as follows:
Consecutive interpreting: The interpreter notes a speaker’s words and meaning and translates into another language after the speaker pauses.
Simultaneous interpreting: The interpreter listens to a speaker and translates in real time into another language. This can be done face to face with all parties or through a microphone & earphone audio system.
Interpreters Open the Lines of Communication
To this end, professional interpreters can only interpret the words being spoken. They must always ensure that they communicate every detail of what is being said without a single omission or alteration. During simultaneous interpretation of a seminar, for example, an interpreter should interpret everything a speaker says, even miscues.
Think about it! Finding a professional simultaneous interpreter takes a lot of time and energy!
Save your time and trust the professionals!
You are now on the website of a company that provides professional translation services of any complexity!
Finally – the main and most important “golden” rule ever:
Time is money!