Simultaneous interpretation is the type of oral translation which envisages interpretation simultaneously along with a speaker.
Advantages of simultaneous interpretation
- Speech of the speaker is heard continuously. It helps the speaker to maintain the audience’s attention, as well as feel the mood and reaction of the audience;
- The duration of the event is reduced about two times in comparison with the consecutive translation;
- Comfort of the audience: Nowadays knowing foreign languages is not rare, so the audience prefers to listen to a presentation / report in the original language. They are annoyed when the speaker has to stop during consecutive interpretation and wait for the interpreter.
- Interpretation can be done in several languages at the same time;
- Efficiency of the current event raises.