“How can I improve my English pronunciation?” This is one of the most common questions that English learners ask me.
First, let’s be clear about what pronunciation means. It’s the way that you say a word.
Good pronunciation is essential for speaking and understanding spoken English. Spoken English is the right words (vocabulary), in the right order (grammar) with the right sounds (pronunciation).
If one or two sounds are unclear, that’s not a problem. If a lot of sounds are unclear, then your listener can’t understand you!
However, pronunciation is one of the hardest skills to improve.It is something that you have to practice. Improving your pronunciation may also mean changing your pronunciation. You may need to change the way you make some sounds, and that is difficult.
- There are many different kinds of English accents. The two most common are British and American.
- American pronunciation and British pronunciation are completely different. The consonant sounds are the same (except for the T sound and the r-colored vowel sounds), but the vowel sounds are very different. The British accent has more vowel sounds, and some vowel letters are pronounced differently.
- You don’t have to guess how to say a word in English. There is two ways of correct pronunciation learning:
- look at a word and try to remember pronunciation “rules”
- You just have to listen to someone say the word. Learn with your ears.
Our online courses by skype is the easiest and comfortable way of improving your pronounce. It’s easy and you can do it from anywhere – all you need is a computer and internet
How Does It work?
Personalised Learning – your teacher designs the program for you.
Digital Course Materials – you will get your course materials by mail.
Flexible Timetable – choose your most convenient time